Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Making Progress

Yes, it's a new year, and a great deal of progress is being made, not that one could tell from looking at this blog. My professional organizer wife has informed me that January is national "GO" month (GO= Get Organized), which given the disarray my historical files are in, seemed like an excellent deal. The bad news is that it feels like it's taking forever. The good news is that I'm turning up all sorts of material that I've been meaning to post, so there should be a great deal of traffic here shortly.

The manuscript on the 6th Cavalry, where I spent most of my time over the holidays, continues to grow at an alarming rate. We should have the last few sources in place by the end of March, then the great whittling project begins to reduce it to something resembling publishing size. Unfortunately, Jim just left for New York to resume flying, so we're down to mail and email collaboration, but we still hope to start querying publishers by the end of the summer.

We're putting together a Little Big Horn staff ride at work, so I've been doing a good bit of background bio on some of the officers, nearly every one of which served in the Civil War, so it's likely relevant odds and ends from that project will show up here as well.

No grand posting of topics for the new year, as that panned out rather dismally last year. My production was terrible, so most of those topics still need to be covered. I will simply say that this year I'll do better.

No comments: